Tuesday, August 20, 2013

O, Brave New World

Hello Web World,
In the spirit of remaining somewhat anonymous, I must reveal myself without divulging such compromising secrets as my attributed geography, name, educational status, vocational involvement, physical form and certain other oddities or identifications. As such, I am faced with problems of self-description and definition; I am forced to show you some general and limited revelation about myself, without wishing to do so, and I am expected to make it entertaining and sort of brief. I'm probably not off to a good start.
World! Behold!
In my youth, life was not so exciting. I collected turtle figurines for some time, played with cats, read Magic Tree House, etc. It still isn't so exciting: the town is safe, the drama is scarce, and I involve myself largely in academia or sport. I feel secluded, detached from the main world, a world which I can glimpse through my world or see in the foggy mirror of the Internet. The world I experience is subjective and distorted; it is not so real as the world through all perspectives, or the right perspective. I struggle to see what is truth, utilizing a limited form and an impaired mind.
Lest I be berated for being pedantic or off-thesis, let me again point to myself and stop talking about purity of perspective. Writing is hard (especially writing regarding myself), but words are fun.
I went to Disneyland and dressed up as Mickey Mouse, trick-or-treating in the hotel there. This is one of my most vivid memories from youth; I don't remember much. Look here and here and you may know me better, you may know the modern me.
I'm ending this, even if it's not representative or complete.
-The Slightly Anonymous Me

No comments:

Post a Comment